Saturday, September 13, 2014

It's Show Time! See You Sunday!

Meet Alice Mullins from Two Ponies Inc...
I hold a BFA ..majoring in painting,   a MA  in Art Ed & a MA in Art Therapy.
 
I am  local to this area however I was living & creating & selling my craft in Florida for the past 8 years.. I am back now. I have been showing & vending my art  and my crafts at different venues & shows for over 40 yrs. this is my second Avant Garde event.
I consider myself to be a " ceremonial artist "--honoring the Earth & all of its inhabitants.  I follow a Native American path & my work reflects the honor & respect   for all.......  I subscribe to "DO NO HARM "  and give a new "heart beat"  (with honor & respect ) to  which ever part of nature/or animal that  I am working with.....I do many animal portraits ..many are "memorials. " for one who has crossed...  I work with bones & leathers & shells & tail & feathers ...
I also have created a fun line of tie dyes..... I do traditional peace sign, spirals, & other folds... however I have also added in a "turtle shell " fold... & PAW PRINT tie dyes & now Ohio State ties...... I have clothing from Newborn to 5xl.......I also do a line of Lace items  tie dyed.... these items make everyone smile ! that's what tie dye is about....smiling & fun  & finding the 60's in you again   or joining in on that wonderful time !
 
I support many animal rescues & fundraisers  and will be continuing on presenting new paintings ,images & creations... & discovering new tie dye folds & colors!!

Meet Elisa Burchett from Original You LLC...
Elisa Burchett, owner and founder of Original You, LLC in Akron, Ohio, worked in the corporate world for over 10 years before starting her company. Her personal story is what motivated her and led her down this path to find great performing natural products. As herself and her family members suffered from a variety of skin and health issues, such as hormonal acne, psoriasis, warts, low immunity, and asthma, Elisa found that medicinal treatments were often harsh on the skin and body.  She began searching for natural solutions.  To her delight, not only did these natural products eliminate many chemicals and medicines from her family’s home, but many times the natural ingredients worked more effectively and even added benefits beyond what was expected!
Combined with a desire to spend more time with her family, Elisa left her corporate job and began Original You in 2014.  Her heart’s desire is to educate and help others to treat common ailments through the use of natural products and essential oils.  Even more importantly, Elisa wants to encourage her customers to be the original beautiful people they are – to embrace who they are – to bring out their God given strengths and let the authentic person shine through. 

Elisa’s passion drove the research and found the resources needed to begin her business. She was determined to develop a line of natural products that performed, looked and smelled great, while providing education to her customer base. 

Meet Gloria Yeager from Globies...
People call me the "Bandana  Lady," I am retired, been crafting for shows for several years, started when I began making bandanas for my own dogs, then people requested them for theirs, so now I make them for dog events as well as craft shows. These bandanas do not tie on, they slip on the collar and are safe to wear rather than the ones which tie on because they can choke your dog. These come in S M L.   

My #2 best seller is Bar Towels, these are sports themes and are great gifts for men $5.00 only.  
My #3 seller are the magnets. 50 cents each  sports, seasonal and anything I can cut out of a magazine to be interesting. right now the movie Frozen is a big request in the magnets.   
I have "Fun Bags"  which have  current themes, from Frozen, sports, some are denim, these I started making for myself to have a cover for my notebook- they are the right size, but can be used for totes and purses.  Another item very well taken are the Browns Dawg Pound Dawgs.  

I have done other Avant-Garde shows, and I plan on doing more!

Meet Sandie Angart from Three Sisters Plates...
My name is Sandie Angart. I am married, have 2 boys 21 and 18 and a beautiful furry daughter, my golden Daisy
I started my business in 2007. 

This will be my third Avant-Garde Art Show!

It is kind of hard to say what got me into this. I have been creating my whole life. But while spending a week with my 2 sisters, hanging out, shopping, eating and crafting we came up with the idea for the plates (which is why it is called Three Sisters Plates). They both went back to their full time jobs and they encouraged me to run with the idea. "Come on Sandie. Go for it!"

Like everything the more you do something the better you get at it. I have picked up tricks along the way and am always finding ways to improve the finished product. A lot of it is Trail and Error.  About 1 year ago I expanded the idea and now also make bracelets and just recently earrings!

In 5 years or sometime in the future I would LOVE to open my own Brick and Mortar Shop.

My motto has always been "Life throws enough garbage at you. Don't stress over the little things. Laugh Often. Dance and sing whenever and as much as you can. And NEVER life with regret!"

My plates are designed to make people smile, laugh and enjoy. They are a fun addition to any room!


2014 Chagrin Falls Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, September 14, 2014, 10:00am-5:00pm
The Federated Life Church- Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment